Latest news from Click Consult… Award-winning search marketing agency Click Consult has today confirmed that their contract with Tesco, as…Read Now
Display advertising with Google is a great option if you want to get your brand in front of a high volume of customers and prospects. Download this handy guide to the best performing sizes
What are Google display ads?
Google display ads are visual banner ads that appear to your audience throughout the Google Display Network (GDN) – a network of more than two million sites that support advertising. As this is a powerful, global system that reaches a reported 92% of all internet users, the GDN provides a variety of targeting options to reach existing and prospective customers at every stage in their purchase journey.
The consumer journey has increased in complexity and now involves multiple research and consideration stages. In the digital era these steps tend to involve multiple channels; display advertising can play a big part in:
- Establishing a want or need
- Assisting with research and consideration
- Establishing or reinforcing a positive brand sentiment
- Assisting or directly attributing to sales
Why use display advertising?
Display advertising across the GDN allows you to reach your target audience more accurately and in more cost effective way than with traditional channels like billboard, press or TV. You’ve got the potential to reach an enormous audience, but with much greater precision, as you pay ‘per click’ rather than for blanket coverage.
On top of this, with online display advertising you are able to monitor the user response and engagement with your brand more closely than when using traditional advertising.
- The ability to reach the people you are truly interested in and who you know will be interested in you.
- The visual nature of display – you can use animation as well as image – captures your audience’s attention more effectively than text alone. You can even go interactive.
- The range of targeting methods available enables the development of focused campaigns in which ads appear to a very specific, highly relevant audience.
- Users can be targeted at different stages of the buying cycle, putting them into the start or middle of your conversion funnel.
Standard or responsive?
Across the Google Display Network (GDN), responsive ads are now the default to ensure a smooth experience for consumers across devices and greater efficiency for advertisers (automatically adjusting their size, appearance, and format to fit available ad spaces). However, if you want to retain full creative control over your display ads, standard image ads are the way to go.
You can customise the colours, fonts, and layouts used in your ads – ensuring your image is consistent and high quality, allowing you to strengthen brand awareness.