The economic challenges faced in 2020 as a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic are still being felt in early…Read Now
Many marketers believe the ability to gain traction and grow audiences on Facebook is dwindling, due to changing algorithms, a prioritisation of ads and the changing attitude of users
But it’s not impossible – you may just need to re-examine your approach and strategy. By getting your head around Facebook’s algorithm, utilising features such as Stories, Audience Insights, live streaming and combining organic and paid posts, you can dramatically increase your audience and reach more people with your brand’s message.
What does Facebook want marketers to do?
Considering that there are more than 30 billion pieces of content published every month on Facebook, there needs to be some way to organise it. So Facebook’s algorithm combines information they have about the post, including the type of post, who it’s from and the engagement it’s received, to more accurately predict whether people are likely to find it valuable. This prioritises post from friends, and demoting abusive and low-quality content such as clickbait, engagement bait, and web pages with little substance and disruptive ads.
Does this limit the reach of the content you post? Yes – but this is not Facebook’s direct intention, and can work in your favour.
Social Media Today’s Andrew Hutchinson makes the point that: “… lessening the flow of spam, and the sharing of junk links, could help improve your opportunities to reach more people with your posts, as there’ll be more space for other content”. This means that by putting authentic engagement and relevancy at the centre of your strategy, it’s possible for Facebook’s algorithm to work to your advantage in growing your Facebook audience.
This eBook shows you how to work with – rather than game – Facebook’s algorithm to produce content that delights your audience and gets more eyes on your page.
What will I learn from this eBook?
- Mining your Facebook Insights to understand your audience and their interests
- Using Facebook’s algorithm to your advantage
- How to keep publishing and sharing engaging content
- Targeting your organic posts
- Leveraging Facebook Stories
- Facebook SEO
- Hosting contests
- Promoting off-Facebook
- Using Facebook Groups
- Getting the most from Facebook Ads
- More top tips
Why should you grow your Facebook audience?
The stats below speak for themselves about the potential reach for marketers:
- The number of monthly active Facebook users has grown from 261 million in 2011, to 385 million in 2019, making it a fantastic place for brand exposure and customer interaction.
- Mobile traffic is increasingly important to marketers as smartphone penetration continues to grow and 4G data networks expand. Plenty of people break up their work day by glancing at their phones for some social media time. In fact, Facebook has over 1.74 billion users that access their mobile app on a daily basis, and checking their Newsfeed and growing, giving businesses regular and frequent access to their mobile audience.
- According to Statista, about 94% of marketers report using Facebook to market their business, ahead of Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube – and 96% of advertising experts say that Facebook produces greater ROI than any other social network.