Evolve your SEO strategy – Infographic
When it comes to your SEO strategy, there are many different ways to ensure success. In our latest infographic we look at ten simple steps that will set you on the way to the top of search results and ahead of the competition
Our team of award-winning experts have compiled the following tips:
1. Understand your business – The first step is to know the products and services that you are offering and the how you want to take them to market. You need to have a clear pricing structure in mind and must consider the needs of potential customers to find them.
2. Build a website – It goes without saying that in order to sell online you need to have a website that both showcases your offering and allows customers to make purchases and bookings. Building a website from scratch is a good way to launch or relaunch a business and brands that already have a website may consider refreshing it with a new design and technical search engine optimisation (SEO). You want to make sure that it is eye-catching, easy to navigate, accepts payments/bookings and that there are clear calls to action (CTAs) to entice the buyer.
3. Know your audience – This is vital, if you know who your audience is then you have the best chance at marketing to them. You need to understand both where and how they search and make sure you will appear in those searches.
4. Know your competition – Just as important as knowing your audience, businesses need to be able to conduct competitor research. Doing this can help identify gaps in both content and your route to market and can act as a direct reference to what a potential audience is looking for. Businesses which regularly look at their competition often grow far faster than those that don’t.
5. Keyword research – Keywords are the terms that you need to rank for in search engine results pages (SERPs) if you are to increase traffic and ultimately sales. Think about how your audience will find you and the types of search that have plenty of volume.
6. Website optimisation – Optimise, optimise, optimise. Everything on your site needs to go with the times. Prepare for mobile search, voice search, artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and beyond. Another significant consideration is site speed – making sure all of your images are formatted correctly is a quick way to reduce load times.
7. Add/update Title Tags & Meta descriptions – There has been much talk about the impact that title tags and meta descriptions have on where your site ranks – Google has previously stated that they have no actual SEO benefit. So why should you bother? Well, whilst they won’t improve you position in SERPs, they do tell Google what your webpage is about and allows it to pull from the keywords to form a search engine results page. Top tip: in your meta descriptions, write out the question you’re addressing while targeting the proper keywords.
8. Get writing – Content is one of the most important parts of a website. It must contain both the keywords and general information regarding a product and needs to adhere to the EAT guidelines that have been made something of a priority in the latest Google algorithm update.
9. Build links – Link acquisition is a vital component of any SEO strategy. It allows businesses to connect with bloggers and influencers to build up a network of trustworthy links. These links boost performance in SERPs as they allude to the relevance of your site for a particular search term.
10. Hire an agency – Understanding the nuances of SEO can be tricky and it is for that reason so many brands turn to expert agencies. Having an agency onside allows you to form a bespoke strategy and to constantly ensure that you are adapting to Google’s ever changing ranking methods.
Explore some of the creative work we’ve produced for our clients, including eBooks and infographics. Need some advice on improving your brand’s online visibility? Contact us today – we’d love to hear from you!