When it comes to your search marketing strategy, there are many aspects to examine and the most important is SEO. Our team has looked at all of the things that you can do to make sure your site grows organically and picked out the following 10 things to implement today. Let’s begin…
Our team of award-winning experts have compiled the following tips:
- Make sure tracking is installed correctly such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console to measure your SEO efforts.
- Write meta descriptions to increase click-through rate from search engine results pages. This is the first piece of content your users see – try to include benefit-driven copy and a call to action!
- Write content for the users first and search engines second. Content is still king! Provide useful and unique content for your customers.
- Avoid stuffing content with keywords – Google understands keywords and phrases related to a topic. Always keep quality in mind when producing content.
- Amplify your content across social media platforms – think about the platforms where your customers are spending their time.
- If you have a store (bricks and mortar) set-up a Google My Business account to encourage local visibility and increased footfall.
- If you have an e-commerce website avoid using manufacturer descriptions across products. Write engaging content for your product pages keeping features and benefits in mind.
- Spend some time building an FAQ contents page – ask your sales team or whoever answers the phone in your business for a bank of regularly asked questions. Publish these questions and answers on your website to target informational, long-tail queries while helping users self serve on your website.
- Make sure your website loads quickly – check your site’s performance today with tools such as https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and https://www.webpagetest.org/. Images are commonly the culprit for a slow loading website! Reduce image sizes for your website today with tools such as https://tinypng.com/.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly! Ensure your content is the same across all devices. Mobile shouldn’t have less content than desktop – desktop should be an expanded experience for the user. Check if your site loads correctly on mobile with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
Explore some of the creative work we’ve produced for our clients, including eBooks and infographics. Need some advice on improving your brand’s online visibility? Contact us today – we’d love to hear from you!