Regatta – Integrated Campaign
Regatta is one of the UK’s largest and most recognisable outdoor clothing brands. The business is well established in a highly competitive market and, like all companies in this industry ,the global pandemic had a huge effect on retail.
2020 has been a challenging year, and Regatta is just one brand who have had to adapt to the climate and ensure that their website ranks as high in SERPs as possible for relevant searches.
In a bid to increase performance we not only provided technical assistance to Regatta but also a bespoke SEO strategy. Our content marketing team delivered a number of concepts that would raise brand awareness, generate relevant backlinks, produce media coverage, and which would ultimately spread the campaign message.
With a focus on improving search rankings and making sure that the site was properly optimised to drive sales, our objectives for this project were clear from the outset. We knew that, with the challenges that the retail sector faced, we had to have a clear list of objectives that were both beneficial and measurable. If we focus on the period March to September 2020, the below were our targets.
• Increase average conversion rates
• Increase total conversions
• Increase organic conversions
• Increase search visibility
• Increase the number of keywords ranked excellent (position 1-3)
• Increase the number of keywords ranked good (position 4-10)
• Increase sessions across, social, referral traffic, paid search and through affiliate links.
Our campaigns team set the following aims for our campaign:
• Develop a campaign that will appeal to influencers and press.
• Build on the backlink profile of regatta.co.uk
• Engage with influencers to help spread the campaign message
• Identify sites with a DA 20+ to ensure an authoritative but natural backlink profile is built
The results for this strategy were some of the best that we have seen. In total the two campaigns were developed and placed live during Q4 2019 and Q1 2020. We managed to secure a total of 43 placements with an average Domain Authority of 38.
The assets were also popular on social media with 75 social mentions and 475k social impressions of the campaign’s hashtag’s.