It’s now more crucial than ever to ensure that your brand’s website is as visible as possible, so that potential consumers can find you. Here’s find a range of resources to help you optimise your website – suitable for all levels of SEO knowledge
Bricks-and-mortar stores have had to adapt (and quickly) to survive in the digital age, as eCommerce has continued to prosper, with consumers increasingly reliant on the web to research products, interact with brands and make purchases.
Potential buyers will now, more often than not, search online for information prior to purchasing (whether they make this purchase on or offline). It is, therefore, vital to be found – and to be found easily – online. After all, most customers won’t look beyond the first page of results, or even scroll further than the top few links.
This toolkit offers you access to the basic principles of organic search (SEO) that companies of all sizes can use to increase their site’s visibility, quality of visitors and conversion rates.
The SEO toolkit includes:
- An Advanced Guide to Organic Search (SEO) Chapter 1: Lifting the lid on how to build a winning organic search (SEO) strategy
- SEO Glossary: Whether you’re new to SEO or an old hand, you’ll find definitions of all the terms you need right here
- Google’s Algorithm Timeline: Whether you’re simply curious about the evolution of the Google Algorithm or looking specifically to match an update to a drop in traffic, this Google Algorithm Timeline offers explanations, descriptions and information about the evolution of the algorithm
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data-Driven SEO: With this beginner’s guide, we look to give you everything you need to establish data-driven strategies for any SEO campaign, including how to develop keyword strategies and how to choose and analyse your data
- Mobile SEO Cheat Sheet: Now that mobile searches surpass those on desktop, you need these ten tips to succeed in the age of mobile marketing and mobile SEO.
- The Short Cutts: All of Matt Cutts’ (the former head of Google’s Webspam department) webmaster hangouts digested
- Link Building Through Outreach: What is outreach and how can you use it to boost your website’s success?
- And many more useful tools to help you make a success of your search marketing.
SEO’s alive and kicking
The theory that ‘SEO is dead’ often gets floated around in digital circles. The truth is that it isn’t. As the industry has evolved and sites like Google have enhanced their algorithms, so have the practices. In short, it’s bad SEO practices which are dead – and could even damage your visibility if Google deems you to violate its strict quality standards.
Outdated, ‘black hat’ SEO practices
- Paid links
- Keyword stuffing
- Link farming
- Hidden text
- Duplicate content
- Blog comment spam
Modern, effective search engine optimisation techniques
- Producing quality content
- Using structural semantic markup
- Carefully crafted and accurate meta tags
- Thorough keyword research and implementation
- High quality, earned inbound links
- Social media marketing
- Strong UX focus
Whatever your SEO needs, this toolkit will have something to help you at every stage of your organic search marketing endeavours.