Although there are numerous factors that affect your search visibility, the technical side of search engine optimisation (SEO) is central to your website’s performance and online visibility. This downloadable checklist makes it easier to keep track of these factors, covering the basic aspects of on-page optimisation and maintenance
Well-executed technical on-page SEO helps both search engines and human users to find and read your website, improving search rankings and user experience (UX).
Regular maintenance of your website’s basic usability and performance – from both a user and search engine perspective – is crucial for every marketer who wants their brand to reach its full online potential, compete within their marketplace and have the best chance of achieving greater online visibility.
While outreach, content marketing and link building are all vitally important to maximise your online presence, it has never been more crucial that a website is built on a technically sound foundation.
A step-by-step guide to keeping on top of on-page SEO
The checklist will allow you to assess your performance in these areas:
- URL best practice – start with the basics
- Site structure – vital to user experience and crawler indexing
- Site speed – an important factor for ranking and minimising bounce
- Content & keywords – optimise for humans, not search engines
- HTML – meta, header & image tags, links and semantic markup
- Canonicalisation – are visitors and search engines seeing what you want them to?
Don’t get left behind by your online competitors
More and more businesses are becoming savvy about the fact that on-page technical website elements need to become a core part of their SEO strategy to allow them to get ahead in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Download the checklist today and make sure you’re maximising your chances of online success.