Ever since search engine optimisation (SEO) became a ‘thing’, those working in the industry have been telling businesses that the most important item on their ‘to-do’ list is to get their websites displaying on page one of the search engine results pages (SERPs)
This is important because the positions on this page are those that offer the best answer, according to Google, to solve a particular user query. If you are visible here then it is fair to assume that your site is optimised well enough to fulfil the question, and offer the best possible user experience (UX).
It, therefore, makes sense when those professionals working in the industry inform you that you not only need to be on page one but in position one. We know that there are plenty of theories surrounding the impact of your position on page one and that there is a direct correlation between occupying one of the top three positions and being the market leader for your keywords.
What to expect
Our ‘Understanding Position Zero’ eBook contains sections on:
- What is position zero?
- The performance of rich results compared to P1 in organic results
- Which types of content appears in position zero?
- The power of position zero for voice search
- Example of a rich result profile
Making sure that your content appears in position zero can be very difficult, but you have to give yourself the best chance through optimisation. The below points, if implemented correctly should give you the best possible chance at success.
- Provide simple, consistent HTML code that makes it easy for users to add content optimised for featured snippets to any blog post or webpage
- Limit paragraph snippets to 50 words or less, and keep the sentences in list snippets short
- Ensure any headers (specifically H2s and H3s) used in posts (and especially list posts) contain clean formatting
- If possible, use <li> formatting for the items in a list post as opposed to headers
- Include the keyword you are optimising for within the answer part of the featured snippet code
You might be surprised at the impact making seemingly small tweaks makes – download this eBook today to get started!