Lukasz Zelezny is a SEO consultant with over 15 years worth of experience. He is a popular speaker at Click…Read Now
Content marketing is the creation of high quality materials, that are totally unique and that will attract and then engage with audiences online. If you want to make sales and turn your leads into transactions, then you have to undertake a strategy that balances the information that the consumers receive, so that they are drawn to ask questions, look a little deeper into the products and ultimately become a customer
If you can identify the problems and challenges faced by your audience. For example, what do they feel is holding them back from achieving success, or stopping them from reaching their goal? Or if you can identify how to provide them with information that offers a solution or a means of improving their circumstances, then you’ve unlocked the basis of your content marketing strategy.
In other words, content marketing is an inbound technique that focuses on the customer’s needs: the aim is to empower customers to make their own decisions with content that educates, inspires and entertains, rather than taking a pushy, interruptive, sales-orientated approach.
You’re not haggling for a sale or commitment at this point, but acknowledging that you understand their needs and by providing tangible evidence – a taster – of your brand’s expertise and capability will lead to success.
Find out how to study the below metrics and answer the following questions:
• How many people are consuming your content?
• Which channels are they using?
• How frequently and how in-depth is their consumption?
• Which of your content pieces are being shared?
• Who is sharing them?
• How/where are they sharing?
• How often are they being shared?
• How is content supporting demand generation in terms of lead generation and lead nurturing
• How does your content influence bottom-of-the-funnel results?
• Which ways does your content drive revenue?
• How does your content fill the pipeline?
Businesses need to learn from them and need to constantly tinker with their content to get the best out of it. If you have enough data at your fingertips you are able to run an effective inbound marketing strategy and this will lead to both financial and interactional rewards.